We are pleased to inform you that the Consular Section of the Russian Embassy in Malta has resumed its operation. Please schedule an appointment for your visit here.
Work visas for highly-skilled specialists are issued to citizens of foreign countries and stateless persons entering the Russian Federation for a long-term work purposes on the basis of an invitation issued by Ministry of Interior of the Russian Federation (MVD of Russia). The applicant has to request this kind of invitation from his Russian employer. This kind of visa is also issued to family members of a highly-skilled specialists.
Work visas for highly-skilled specialists are multiple-entry only and valid for up to 3 years. Highly-skilled specialists and their family members are authorised to stay in Russia for the whole period of their visa validity.
List of required documents
1. Visa invitation of the Ministry of Interior of the Russian Federation (MVD of Russia) – in a paper form (original is required) or an electronic form. Ask for this kind of invitation from your Russian employer;
2. Travel passport (original). The passport must contain at least 2 blank visa pages and must be valid 6 months after the last day of the required visa validity;
3. Visa application form printed and signed personally by the applicant.
4. 1 recent passport photo. The photo must be glued (not stapled!) on the visa application form;
5. Medical insurance policy document (copy or original) issued by a foreign insurance company or a Russian insurance company. This document is required only from the citizens of all EU countries (except Great Britain), Iran, Iseland State, Israel, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norway and Swiss. This document must contain:
- the date when the agreement was signed;
- the policy number;
- the full name of the insured person;
- full details of the insurer;
- the dates of validity: the policy must cover the entire period of stay in Russia for single-entry and double-entry visas, and the duration of the first trip for multiple-entry visas;
- the list of medical services covered by the insurance, the repatriation must be included;
- the geographical area coverage: worldwide or including the Russian Federation or Europe including the Russian Federation;
- the insurance coverage amount must not be less than 30.000 Euros;
- the signature of the insurer.
Insurance policies and confirmation letters which do not contain the above information and standard forms stamped by the insurer are not accepted.
Insurance cards are not accepted;
6. Original of HIV Test (AIDS) certificate made within the last three months. The HIV Test Certificate should be signed by a doctor and by the applicant and stamped by a medical organisation;
7. Original and copy of a valid Malta permanent residence permit (not required if the applicant is a citizen of the EU or the USA).
The Russian Consulate may request additional documents before issuing a visa, invite any applicant to a personal interview or extend the time required for the visa consideration.
To be noted that the law of the Russian Federation empowers the Russian Consulate to refuse to issue any visa without explaining the reasons of the refusal.
The processing time for the issuance of a work visa for highly-skilled specialists in the Consular section is from 3 working days till 20 calendar days.
1. The Consular section is authorized to give visas only for the Russian Federation.
2. The Consular section does not accept any visa documents sent by post and never sends passports with visas by post.
3. The visa application is to be introduced not later than 8 calendar days and not earlier than 3 months before the trip to the Russian Federation.
4. All payments in the Consular section must be done only by cash. Bank cards and other means of payment are not accepted.
5. The fee paid for a visa is not refundable.
6. When obtaining a passport with a visa, we recommend that you carefully check the personal data specified in the visa.
7. The law of the Russian Federation empowers the Consular section to refuse to issue any visa without explaining the reasons of the refusal.
8. Before you read the information about the required documents we recommend you to first make an appointment.
9. A foreign citizen or a stateless person (who does not have the Russian citizenship) must be present in the Consular section in person. The applicant is authorized to apply for a visa for himself and his/her children under 18 y.o. for a joint trip to Russia (for the same dates). Documents proving the degree of relationship are required (originals from the Gemeente). The applications on behalf of a third person (even with the power of attorney) are not accepted.
10. VERY IMPORTANT ! The visa procedure that is underway in the Russian consulate may be cancelled (stopped) by the applicant. For that the candidate for a visa has to apply with a written statement to the Consular section. All paid fees in that case are not refundable. The passport without a visa will be returned to its holder not earlier than after 2-3 working days.
11. VERY IMPORTANT ! ARE YOU BANNED TO ENTER THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION?
In case of non-payment in due time by a foreign citizen during his/her stay in the Russian Federation of customs duties and taxes, including the cases of temporary import of vehicles for personal use into the customs territory of the Eurasian Economic Union, the competent authorities of the Russian Federation may take a decision to prohibit the entry of such foreign citizen to the Russian Federation.